Town of Halton Hills COVID-19 vaccination requirements, News (Acton Houseleague Hockey Association)

News Article
News Article Image
Sep 21, 2021 | Dave Pratt | 1096 views
Town of Halton Hills COVID-19 vaccination requirements
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What do I require to enter Town of Halton Hills Recreation Facilities, as of September 22, 2021?
All patrons must provide proof of a second dose vaccination for COVID-19, unless they are exempt under the following circumstances: Under the age of 12Under the age of 18 and directly participating in an organized sport. Have an official medical note exempting them from providing proof of vaccination

2. Where did this direction come from?
The requirement to require a proof of second dose vaccination is not a Town policy but legislation enacted by the Province of Ontario as part of the pandemic response.  The Town has been directed to request proof of vaccination from facility patrons wishing to access the recreational facilities by way of Ontario Regulation 364/20 364/20.

3. What do I need to show to prove vaccination?
Beginning September 22 you must show a paper receipt or electronic pdf of the provincial vaccination receipt and a government issued piece of ID (Health Card, Drivers License, Birth Certificate, Passport etc) showing the matching name and date of birth. An enhanced vaccine certificate with a unique QR code is expected to be available from the Ontario Government by October 22, 2021 or a paper copy will still be accepted beyond that date.

4. What is acceptable as proof of identification?

A photo identification is not required. Identification documents that may be used as proof of identification include:

  • Birth certificate
  • Citizenship card
  • Driver’s license
  • Government (Ontario or other) issued identification card, including health card1]
  • Indian Status Card /Indigenous Membership Card
  • Passport
  • Permanent Resident card
  • Those without a driver’s license, or those between ages 12 – 17 years, any form of provincial ID (with or without pictures) will be accepted. 
  1. 5. If I have a medical exemption, do I need to show proof of a medical note?
    Yes. An official medical note from a registered nurse with extended class (RN(EC)), nurse practitioner (NP) or physician (MD) is required accompanied by a piece of government issued ID. 

  2. 6. Who does NOT have to show proof of vaccination?
    If you are:

    • 11 years of age or under,
    • 12 to 17 years old AND you are participating in a physically based program at one of our recreation facilities
    • Have proof of a medical exemption from a registered nurse with extended class (RN(EC)), nurse practitioner (NP) or physician (MD)
7. Does contact tracing screening still apply?
Yes. All visitors to Town facilities must complete the COVID-19 screening.  Encourage everyone to complete prior to visiting the facility.  The green checkmark with the given date can be shown to staff at the same time as vaccine certificates are verified.

8. As an unvaccinated parent or guardian will I be able to accompany my child who is under 12 to their program or activity in the recreation facility?
All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated parent or guardian should they wish to participate in programs and activities in recreation facilities.  Staff cannot be responsible for drop-offs and pick-ups at the entrance doors.  Parents may drop off and pick up without proof of vaccination but if they wish to stay and watch the program then proof is required, or they may stay in a designated area as directed by facility staff. 

9. Can I drop off my child at the door?
Staff recommend that unvaccinated parents who wish their children to attend programs should either seek support from trusted adults who are vaccinated and could accompany their children, coordinate the need for support with the program organizer or the postpone enrollment until a future session. The Town does not recommend dropping off unaccompanied children at the facility if a parent/guardian cannot accompany the child inside; staff cannot be responsible for drop offs and pick-ups at facility entrances.

What is considered fully vaccinated?

An individual is considered fully vaccinated if they have received:

  • The full series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or any combination of such vaccines
  • One or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada, followed by one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine authorized by Health Canada
  • Three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada
  • They received their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before providing the proof of being fully vaccinated.

The full list of Frequently asked questions can be found at:
Endzone Sports Exchange
Endzone Sports Exchange 68 Main St N, Georgetown, ON L7G 3H3 905-873-0176
Acton Fire Fighters Association
Acton Fire Fighters Association PO Box 213 Acton ON L7J 2M2
Acton Home Hardware
Acton Home Hardware 362 Queen St. Acton ON L7J 2N3 Phone:(519) 853-1730
MacMillan's 6834 (Halton Hills) Hwy. 7 West R.R. # 1 Acton, On L7J 2L7 Ph: 519-853-0311 / 800-387-4039 Fax: 519-853-0346 Retail Store - [email protected] Fundraising - [email protected]
T & R Paving Limited
T&R PAVING LIMITED 11545 Tenth Line, RR #4 Georgetown, Ontario L7G 4S7 Tel: 905-877-7791 Fax: 905-877-8089