Jan 22, 2022 | Dave Pratt | 302 views
User Group Protocols- Effective Jan 31, 2021
To enter the facility all patrons ages 12+ must bring the following:
• Proof of Vaccination with QR code (Fully vaccinated including 14-day period after receiving 2nddose)
• Government Issued ID (Birth certificate, Citizenship card, Driver’s license, Government (Ontario or other) issued identification card including health card, Indian Status Card /Indigenous Membership Card, Passport, Permanent Resident card
• Complete COVID Screening questionnaire (Complete on-site screening questions or through Simple Track www.haltonhills.ca/simpletrack )
Entering the Facility
• Facility entrances will be divided into sections. Groups are to use the designated entrance that
their game/rental is on. Unless otherwise stated at facility entrance doors.
o Mold-Masters SportsPlex
▪ Alcott & Fernbrook – Southeast entrance (under canopy)
▪ TransCanada – Main Northeast Entrance (near stairs)
▪ Saputo – Rear West Entrance
o Acton Area –
▪ Townsley- Main front entrance
▪ Leisure Pad – Main front entrance
▪ McKnight – West side entrance
Admission to the facility will commence 30 minutes prior to the start of the rental time
• To maintain capacity, there will be no access to other sections of the facility.
• The Town Ambassador will ask each patron entering the facility for proof of vaccination for
those that are ages 12+ & government issued identification (Health Card, Passport, Driver’s
license etc). This requirement will now include 12–17-year-olds participating in organized sports,
coaches, volunteers, and sport officials, all of whom were previously exempt from providing
identification and proof of vaccination/medical exemption.
• The Town Ambassador will ask each patron to read & answer the posted COVID19 screening
questions prior to entry. Patrons may also choose to continue using the Simple track screening
questionnaire and display the green check mark upon entry.
User Group Protocols- Effective Jan 31, 2021
• Individuals are encouraged to always follow physical distancing guidelines while in the building.
Please review facility signage and follow guidelines and directions from staff.
• Masks must be worn inside the facility unless actively participating in on ice physical activity.
• Hand sanitizer is available in the lobby and playing area.
• A COVID-19 screening protocol is in effect at all municipal facilities. Screening questions adhere
to direction from Halton Region’s Medical Officer of Health to help determine the likelihood of a
person’s exposure to the COVID-19 virus. Effective November 26th, 2021, facility users will be
asked by staff to perform a self-assessment based on the COVID-19 screening questions which
will be posted at each facility. Simpletrack online screening will remain in place for visitors,
spectators, and non-registered participants. We kindly ask that everyone continues to adhere to
public health measures and avoid entering facilities if feeling unwell. To access the screening, go
• Change rooms have a maximum occupancy limit of 10 people, change room occupancy may
vary per rink; additional bench seating will be made available outside of the change room.
• The number of people permitted in the public washrooms is restricted to 2 people maximum at
any one time.
• Each group will be expected to leave within 15 minutes after their program time has ended.
Patrons will exit the facility the same way they entered.
• Two (2) parents/guardians per family/group is permitted in the facility as an observer.
• One Parents/guardian are permitted in the area where skaters put their skates on if
player/skater is too young and requires assistance to tie skates.
• Players are encouraged to come partially dressed to avoid any delays.
• There is no standing or congregating in the lobby area. To assist with this please go to the
assigned room/area when entering and then exit the facility immediately after the
activity/event is finished.
• Coaches and instructors are responsible for supervising their participants and to ensure all
protocols including 6’ distancing off ice/floor and facility requirements are being followed.
• Town staff will maintain cleaning and sanitization in all high use areas (washrooms, lobbies,
entrances, benches & dressing rooms).
• Concession stands & Vending machines will be closed
• No food or drink is permitted in the facility to ensure masks are always worn. Participants may
bring water for actively participating in a program.